Tuesday, May 3, 2011

thai red curry chicken.

Skip the Thai take-out and save yourself $8. Trust me, you'll thank me later. So will your wallet. I will definitely make this for Ma whenever I'm home next since this is her absolute favorite.

Okay, time to chop, chop.

Slice bell peppers. Green, red, orange, yellow, whathaveyou.
Tear up some fresh basil leaves.
I had some mushrooms, so I figured, whatthehell, whynot.
Cube chicken or pork.

Heat skillet. Pour in a can of coconut milk. Simmer. Stir in a couple of table-spoons of red curry paste. A table-spoon of brown sugar. Several drops of fish sauce. (Or, of course, you could just be lazy and buy a can of red curry and skip all the above mentioned steps).

Cook your choice of meat with the peppers, mushrooms, basil leaves and bamboo shoots, if you have any.

Cover and let simmer till chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve over steamed white rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment