Saturday, November 19, 2011

cilantro chicken.

I love cilantro. However, I can't buy it too often as it doesn't keep very well for too long in the refrigerator. Before long, they get brown and soggy and I hate having to throw an entire unused bunch away. Anyway, Mr. Sachinky went to the Farmer's Market earlier this afternoon and returned with cilantro and other produce. I was determined to use most of it this weekend  before it could go bad on me. Something preferably with chicken. So after some research, I came up with this recipe, inspired from a Guy Fieri dish and it was, frankly, lip-smacking.

Pierce chicken pieces with a fork. 

Marinate chicken in a marinade of orange juice, soy sauce, honey, canola oil, salt, pepper, garlic, the juice of two limes, the zest of one lime, one fourth cup of cilantro and a hint of red chilli powder. The aroma is positively delicious and you will be tempted to lick the marinade off your fingers.




Let it sit for an hour.

Mr. Sachinky then heated up the grill and after three-four minutes in a pre-heated George Foreman, dinner was ready! Crunchy cilantro, ftw!


No comments:

Post a Comment