Monday, March 12, 2012

corn au gratin.

I found a lone can of sweet corn languishing at the back of the pantry while trying to retrieve some chilly powder last night. What to do with it? This morning I decided upon corn au gratin. I figured I'd add some chopped red onions and baby spinach since I had only one can of corn. This dish is super easy and super delish -- I mean how could any one go wrong with oodles of cheese?


Ingredients:

Corn, onion, spinach, milk, flour, butter, salt, pepper, parsley.

Method:

Melt two tablespoons of butter on a hot skillet. Fry two table-spoons of flour in butter. Mix in the corn, spinach and onions. Pour half a cup of milk and half a cup of whipping cream. Bring to a boil. Season with salt, pepper and parsley. This is probably the only dish I have perfectly seasoned on the first go! Transfer to a baking dish and generously top with shredded cheese. Broil till the cheese melts, ten to twelve minutes. Yummy, oozing cheesy goodliness. I ate it as a side with a hot-dog for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment