Monday, May 29, 2017

MANGO MOUSSE

I love mangoes and I love mousses. This is the best and easiest recipe I've ever tried. I have made it four times and every time, it is a huge hit. I made it for a work potluck last week and tonight for a Memorial Day bbq at a friend's place. It's light and airy - the perfect dessert for summer.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 2 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
  • 2 cups fresh mango purée / pulp
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • 1 cup plain yogurt
  • 1 cup cold heavy whipping cream




METHOD:

In a small bowl sprinkle the gelatin over 1/2 cup cold water, let it soften for 1 minute, and heat the mixture in the microwave for about 30 seconds, until the gelatin is fully dissolved.

In a large bowl (this makes a LOT of mango mousse - feel free to half the ingredients if you're only making a small batch) whisk together the mango purée, yogurt and the sugar. Add the gelatin mixture, and blend well.

In a chilled bowl, beat the cream until it holds stiff peaks. Fold it into the mango mixture gently but thoroughly with a large rubber spatula. Chill the mousse for at least 4 hours or overnight.

Garnish the mousses with the mango slices, crushed pistachios or even a thin layer of mango puree.



(Note: I use Kesar's brand tinned mango pulp found at desi/international stores. I might even try this with mango Jell-O next time.)

No comments:

Post a Comment