Sunday, January 16, 2011

breaded chicken.

I love this dish because it is so versatile. You can serve this with pasta or salad or freshly buttered bread. Our favorite though is to cut it up and put it in sandwiches. Big rolls, lettuce torn up, a hint of salt and pepper on large sliced tomatoes. Mayo, swiss cheese, feta cheese. Bacon slices for variety. And a big dollop of Sriacha. Mmmm, I told ya, that shit goes with anything. Anyway, here's how you make my version of breaded chicken. Try it and let me know how it turned out.

Gather ingredients in an assembly line:

Flour mixed with salt, pepper and garlic powder.



Two eggs. Or if you use four big pieces of chicken you might need an extra egg, like I did. Whisked, of course.


Chicken. I used four big pieces of thigh meat. We usually purchase breast pieces but this week they weren't on sale at Sunflower.


And a plateful of Japanese Panko bread-crumbs. Another solid investment.


Drench chicken piece in flour. Shake off excess. Dip it and cover it in egg.





Cover with bread-crumbs on both sides. If you want a heavier coating, press the bread crumbs onto the chicken with your fingers so that they stick. I prefer a light coating so I usually dust the bread crumbs on top of the meat.



Arrange said chicken on a greased baking sheet and bake the pieces in a 400F pre-heated oven for forty-five minutes.



Once thoroughly cooked, fry them in canola or vegetable oil for a couple of minutes on both sides till the coat turns golden brown for a not-so-healthy option.

PS: Plis to excuse the quality of the photographs. I took them with one hand on The Android.

No comments:

Post a Comment