Sunday, February 6, 2011

buffalo chicken dip.

Today is SuperBowl Sunday! Yay. I'm more about the wings, the commercials and the half-time show. Anyway, Mr. Sachinky and I decided to have a party. Number of invitees: two. Yes, we're retarded like that, whattodo? We have a massive planned spread of pizza, wings, onion rings, jalapeno poppers, tacquitos, beer for Mr. Sachinky and bottled margaritas for me! I decided to email Mrs. G for her buffalo chicken dip recipe since Mr. Sachinky has been raving about it for days and she emailed me back from Florida where she and Mr. G are spending their weekend with Mr. Sachinky's grandmother.

Anyway, it looked easy enough so I gave it a try. Holy-moly! It came out fantastic and I can't wait to make buffalo chicken wraps with the left-overs. If there are any.

Step One: Gather ingredients. About three cups of a shredded rotisserie chicken, 1/2 cup of Frank's Red Hot Wings Sauce, 1/2 cup of blue cheese salad dressing. 1/2 cup of shredded cheese. And one 8 oz. package of cream cheese. The bottle of Mike's Margarita is just for me.



Step Two: Three cups of shredded chicken in a baking dish. No skin, of course. We used a rotisserie chicken since that was easier but I'm sure you can use uncooked chicken breasts as well.



Step Three: Pour the buffalo wings sauce and blue cheese over the chicken.



Step Four: Add a package of slightly melted cream cheese. Then throw in the shredded cheese as well. We used our regular variety of colby-jack-monterey. I debated between that and blue cheese crumbles but our salad dressing had chunks of blue cheese in it so out of consideration for Mr. Sachinky I didn't want the blue-cheese taste to be too over-powering. (As if there's such a thing as too much blue cheese!)



Step Four: Mix well and bake in the oven (350F) for about ten-minutes. If you're using uncooked chicken, it'll probably be twenty-five minutes before the chicken is cooked and the cheese mixture is bubbling.



Voila!

P.S.: As always photo credits go to Mr. Sachinky.

No comments:

Post a Comment