Monday, February 28, 2011

the one where Sachinky cooks an eggplant.

I finally figured out what to do with that eggplant in my refridgerator. The one I don't why I bought, except that it was on sale and I figured it's time we start eating some vegetables. I've been in a dip-phase lately so what better way to eat an eggplant than to pulverize it into a tasty dip? Presenting my variation of a roasted-eggplant-feta-dip.

Step One: Gather ingredients.
One medium size eggplant.
1/2 cup chopped onions.
3 large tablespoons of crumbled Greek feta.
Juice of one key-lime.
Salt, pepper and paprika for taste.
A dash of red chili flakes.
Chopped garlic.
A pinch of sugar.
1/4 cup of good quality olive oil.
Several large basil leaves chopped.




Step Two: Roast eggplant on a baking sheet at 350F. Let it cool.



Step Three: Throw in all the remaining ingredients in your mixer/blender/food processor.





Step Four: Once cooled, scoop out the flesh of the eggplant. I used our ice-cream scooper and it worked just fine. Add it to the mixer with a hint of sugar to prevent it from tasting too bitter.




Step Five: Blend well till desired consistency is achieved.



Step Six: Serve in a bowl with corn tortilla chips! I know, I know it doesn't look that appetizing but trust me on this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment