Thursday, July 21, 2011

chicken on a bed of mushrooms.

I wanted to try out something different this evening so I rummaged through the refridgerator and found chicken, white wine and mushrooms. So I gave this dish a shot. I was a little worried about it but it turned out great!

Step One: Lightly oil the bottom of a Pyrex dish. Line with sliced mushrooms, I used the run-of-the-mill button mushrooms but you can use portabella or shitake mushrooms. Season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Pour a cup of white wine.

Step Two: Season two chicken breasts with salt, pepper and minced garlic. I had some pesto leftover in the refridgerator so I went ahead and rubbed some of it on the chicken as well.

Step Three: Place the chicken breasts on the bed of mushroom and drizzle some olive oil on top.


Step Four: Bake in a pre-heated oven (400F) for thirty minutes.

Step Five: Separate the chicken and mushroom and pour the wine-sauce in a sauce-pan.


Step Six: Bring to a boil with a glob of butter, a dash of cream, and a splash of chicken/beef broth. Once the sauce thickens, pour over the chicken pieces and garnish with fresh or dried parsley.



No comments:

Post a Comment