Saturday, October 1, 2011

green chile chicken enchiladas.

I have been off Mexican food for a while now but Mr. Sachinky craves it often. So I decided to make him a Saturday afternoon surprise. Green chile chicken enchiladas! Suzanne bought it to work for lunch once and having tasted it, I found that I quite liked it, to my immense surprise. I called her earlier this morning and got the low-down and as suspected, it was easy as one-two-three.

Ingredients: Corn tortillas, jar of green chile, cooked/shredded chicken, shredded cheese. 

Layer corn tortillas in a pan. pour green chile and smear the tortillas with it. Arrange the shredded chicken. Season with salt and pepper. Add another layer with tortillas, chile and chicken. Top generously with cheese. I used the colby-jack-monterey variety. Bake at 400F for ten-fifteen minutes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment