Sunday, October 2, 2011

kitchen sink potato au gratin.

This dish started out with two potatoes that had been languishing at the bottom of my refrigerator and some goat cheese that I had purchased on our last trip to Costco. 


So I decided to give potato au gratin a try. With a bunch of other things that I had at home. Layer the bottom of a greased pan with sliced potatoes, diced onions, ham, mushrooms. Seasoned with garlic salt and pepper.


In a sauce pan, melt a few table-spoons of butter and fry some flour in it. Pour in a cup of milk slowly and whisk till it begins to thicken. Stir in cheese. I used shredded colby jack, some provolone slices and goat cheese. Add salt and pepper. Mix the cream sauce into the potatoes and bake for an hour and a half at 400F.


There's something so very delectable about potatoes and cheese. I love the flavor the onions added to this dish, it mellowed out the goat-cheese taste which can get a little strong. 

No comments:

Post a Comment