Saturday, October 15, 2011

the kitchen sink three-cheese quiche.

The last time I made a quiche was nearly three years ago in my college Gardens apartment. That time it came out sweet, like a pie, because I had used a graham-cracker crust by mistake. Lesson of the story: do not shop while hung over. 

For the last couple of days, I have been craving for a quiche ever since I saw one in the Sunflower Market aisle. Since we stopped at Walmart this afternoon for groceries I picked up a Pillsbury refrigerated pie crust. As with everything else I attempt in my kitchen, this is mad easy, mad delicious and used up several things that were just sitting around in my refrigerator.


Tada!


 I layered some slices of pepper-jack cheese on the bottom. You can use provolone or Swiss according to your preference.


Chop and dice mushrooms.


Arrange on top of the cheese.


I used some slices of baked ham and cut them into thin strips.



Add some chopped red onions.


Crumble goat cheese and sprinkle. Add half cup of chopped spinach.


In a bowl, beat together one cup of half-and-half, three eggs, two spoons of all-purpose flour, a pinch of salt, black pepper, parsley and red pepper flakes.


Pour mixture into the pie crust. 


Top generously with shredded cheese.


Bake for fifty minutes in a preheated (325F) oven.



 And enjoy the hot delicious cheesiness.


Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment